Tuesday, October 03, 2006

NASA Johnson Space Center

When I was young, I dreamed of working for NASA. Since then, my life took different turns. Now, I live less than two hours from the Johnson Space Center. When Mark asked me what I wanted for my 40th birthday, I told him I want to visit NASA -- Not a surprise wish for a nerd. My wish was granted easily. I didn't estimate the huge size of the complex. So, we couldn't tour the whole place in one day. I plan to go back again because it's worth multiple visits... and, I need to take more photographs.



© Fayrouz Hancock
The entrance of the Visitors Center.


© Fayrouz Hancock
The mock display of a space walker at the Visitors Center.


© Fayrouz Hancock
The mock nose of the Adventure Space Shuttle.


© Fayrouz Hancock
The Space Shuttle Main Engine (SSME). It's an impressive engine.


© Fayrouz Hancock
The mock space shuttle pilots' console.


© Fayrouz Hancock
I always wanted to see a space toilet. Here's the shuttle space toilet. It's not bad at all.


© Fayrouz Hancock
This is the food served during the space shuttle missions to space. It doesn't look tasty. It explains how astronauts stay thin.


© Fayrouz Hancock
The space suit worn by Apollo 7 commander Walter Schirra during Apollo 7 mission in October 1968.


© Fayrouz Hancock
The Little Joe II launch vehicle was used for Apollo spacecraft transonic and high-altitude abort testing during the 1960s.


© Fayrouz Hancock
The Saturn V rocket is displayed at the Saturn/Apollo V center.


© Mark M. Hancock
Me posing in front of the rocket.


© Fayrouz Hancock
A visit to NASA isn't complete without eating a cup of Dippin' Dots ice-cream.

Labels: , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home