Tuesday, October 10, 2006

2006 Groves Pecan Festival

On Sept. 23, Mark and I went to the Groves Pecan festival. He was on assignment for his newspaper and I took some pictures with my camera for the blog. I'm sorry it took me too long to publish them. I have very limited time lately. It's taking me away from blogging. Things should be back up to speed soon.

Midway games dominated the festival. That's an essential part of any family-oriented festival. It keeps children entertained as you can see in the following pictures.


© Fayrouz Hancock


© Fayrouz Hancock


© Fayrouz Hancock


© Fayrouz Hancock


Then there are the vendors. It's always cool to browse their booths at any festival.


© Fayrouz Hancock
Funny Faces by the Chauvin's specializes in face painting. Four-year-old Erica Hays of Groves, Texas sits quietly while an artist paints her face.



© Fayrouz Hancock
C R Treasures from Nederland has a big collection of hand-poured, scented candles.



© Fayrouz Hancock
Kimmy's Kloset has a nice collection of handbags and accessories. It's nice to walk into a booth filled with happy colors.

Labels: , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home