Monday, September 19, 2005

Texas Gatorfest 2005

Yesterday, I went to the Texas Gatorfest in Anahuac, Texas with my husband. He had to shoot the fest for the newspaper.

I borrowed his Nikon D1h digital cameraand Nikon 50mm f/1.4 lens.Here's a sample of the pictures I took at the fest.



© Fayrouz Hancock

Mark M. Hancock tries to find an interesting angle to photograph a nearly 13-foot-long, 508-pound alligator captured on a private lake by Larry Janik of El Campo during the annual Texas Gatorfest at Fort Anahuac Park in Anahuac on Saturday, September 17, 2005. The festival offers cash prizes to hunters for the largest alligators captured during the event.



© Fayrouz Hancock

Tyler Long, 2, of Anahuac reaches out to touch a dead alligator on display during the Texas Gatorfest. The 20-day alligator hunting season in Texas began September 10.



© Fayrouz Hancock

A Native American historic reenactment camp uses a hollowed-out pumpkin as a pot for deer meat, onions, potatoes, squash and chicken broth.



© Fayrouz Hancock

Cowboys with the Dr. Willie Gettbedder show exchange money by the snake oil wagon during the Texas Gatorfest.


Check my husband's blog for more photos from the fest. BTW, he wrote my photo cutlines. That's why they're so perfect and professional.

I enjoyed the festival very much. I recommend it to everyone who loves adventure. However, it may not be as much fun for squeamish people.

Labels: , , ,

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

<< Home